Postdoc in physics of van der Waals materials (Polshyn Group)
- Field of Research: Experimental condensed matter physics, 2D materials, graphene
- Location: Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
- Salary: starting from € 69.188* gross/year; flexible start date
The research group of Prof. Polshyn invites applications for a postdoctoral positions. The successful candidate will experimentally investigate the nature and properties of correlated electrons in van der Waals (vdW) systems, focusing on topological states and superconductivity in graphene moiré heterostructures. Possible research projects will focus on either (1) low-temperature electronic transport measurements or (2) low-temperature scanning probe microscopy measurements of moiré van der Waals devices. Candidates with strong expertise in these techniques are especially encouraged to apply. Some of these projects are funded under ERC Starting Grant “Orbital Chern Insulators in van der Waals Moiré Systems”. More details about “Emergent electronic phenomena in 2D materials“ group at ISTA and its research could be found here: https://polshynlab.com
- Design and carry out experiments to investigate the physics of strongly-correlated electronic phases in moiré graphene heterostructures.
- Use nanofabrication facilities at ISTA to create novel devices of van der Waals heterostructures
- PhD in Physics with a focus in Experimental Condensed Matter.
- Strong expertise in either low-temperature electronic transport measurements or in low-temperature scanning probe microscopy techniques.
- Experience in nanofabrication and micro-characterization techniques
- Experience in operating a dilution refrigerator and doing measurements at mK temperatures is strongly desired.
- Experience in working with van der Waals materials is strongly desired.
Application documents: cover letter, CV, publication list, references
To submit your application please email: email@example.com
ISTA is growing. Grow with us!
Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA) is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
ISTA promotes a diverse and inclusive working environment and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants, free of discrimination. All employment decisions at ISTA are based on job requirements, qualifications, merit and organizational needs. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how ISTA processes your personal data, please refer to www.ista.ac.at/data-protection.